Architectural Review Process
Homeowners must receive ARC approval before beginning construction on exterior modification projects outlined in the Design Guidelines (PDF). Applications can be submitted in person, by emailing Ashley Scott or by traditional mail. There are two forms used by the Architectural Review Committee:
- If you are painting the exterior of your home, use the Design Review Application for paint only
- If you are requesting to make any modifications other than paint, complete the full Design Review Application.
The Architectural Review Committee meets the first and third Tuesday of each month. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the Friday before the meeting date to be placed on the agenda for that meeting.
If you have any questions regarding your modification application, please contact Ashley Scott.
Once an application is received, it will undergo a precursory review. If needed information is missing, the applicant will be contacted with questions prior to the ARC meeting.
Once the ARC has reviewed the application, one of four responses will be issued by mail to the address on the application.
Potential responses include:
- Approved with conditions: Applicant is cleared to proceed with the modification project, so long as listed conditions are met.
- Approved: Applicant is cleared to proceed with the modification project.
- Denied: Applicant is not cleared to proceed with the modification project. The homeowner may appeal this decision to the ARC.
- More information required: No decision has been rendered, as more information from the applicant is required. Depending on the type and amount of information, a decision could be immediately rendered after receiving the response, or the applicant may have to wait until the next meeting.